The Red Wine “Morrone”
Syrah Lazio IGT
Our first monovarietal vintage was immediately a great success considered by the newspaper “La Repubblica” as one of the two best Syrahs of Lazio.
- Production area: Poggio Mirteto – Italy
- Grapes: Syrah.
- Soil type: clayey, sandy, moderately calcareous.
- Training system: Spurred cordon.
- Plants per hectare: 5.600.
- Alcohol content: 14% vol.
- Vinification technique: Vinified for nine months in steel, it rests for eighteen months in French oak barriques and ages for another six months in bottle.
- Characteristics: Intense ruby red color, with a garnet-like nail and decidedly consistent. Very fine on the nose and complex evolution. Rose, violet, blueberry and ripe raspberries, mushroom, cinnamon, licorice and intense spices such as black pepper and goudron. Pleasantly balanced on the palate it gives us back the fruity sensation of blueberry with hints of coffee.
- Serving temperature: 16 ° – 18 ° C
- Contains Sulphites